Support agents may encounter queries or issues that they don't have an answer to and therefore need to ask an expert for guidance. The Question PKC macro exists to streamline this activity through Zendesk.
Read further to learn how to use the macro and what to expect afterward.
The Question PKC macro should be used only when the knowledge is not available and when you have exhausted all possible solutions, troubleshooting, workarounds, reviews, tests, and investigations.
Specifically, the agent must try to answer the below questions as the Input QB when submitting the Question PKC macro so that the PKC can assist swiftly and accurately:
What do you think the customer problem is?
What relevant objective data do we have? (i.e. error logs, screenshots, recordings, version number, error messages, steps to reproduce, troubleshooting steps, KB article, etc.)
- What do you think the most likely root causes are? (results of a differential diagnosis and root cause analysis if applicable.)
- What specific part do you need help with?
- A customer has an issue or a query and has raised a ticket on Zendesk.
- The agent has a knowledge gap and is unable to find any KB article that addresses the knowledge gap, so this requires further help in addressing the ticket.
- The agent will select Question PKC macro from the Apply macro dropdown:
- This will trigger an internal note on the original ticket that should be filled with answers to questions found in the Input QB.
- Once submitted, another auto-internal note will inform that a separate ticket is automatically created and assigned to the product's PKC.
- The agent executing the macro is set as the requester of the ticket assigned to the PKC.
- The PKC will respond with either the solution directly or a KB Article that covers the topic.
- The agent shall keep the original ticket in OPEN Status until a resolution is provided to the customer, or if external teams have to be involved for resolution per feedback from PKC.
What to expect from the PKC
- If there is an applicable KB Article and assuming that the agent missed it, the PKC will reply with the article's URL.
- If no article exists for the issue and the PKC knows the answer, they will create a KB Article and send it to the agent once published. If the request is urgent, the PKC will also reply with the answer on the Question PKC ticket.
- If the PKC does not know the answer or they are unavailable, the PKC and the agent should approach the product SME's (Subject Matter Experts) within the L2 team for a resolution.
- The PKC shall ensure that the knowledge base is updated as appropriate, and in a timely manner, for every Question PKC ticket received.
The Question PKC Macro KB article can also be found in CS-Foundations.